Our clients are a highly successful multi-national Insurance company who have historically focussed on the consumer and small to medium business markets. They approached us a year ago, to support the transformation of their business marketing function.
Our clients wanted to establish a strategic B2B marketing function. Focusing more on growing the revenue within Enterprise accounts and working in a more holistic way across Sales, Marketing and Customer Success to build long term relationships and retention.
The internal marketing team were Consumer and small business specialists and were seeking to develop a demand generation strategy for Enterprise accounts. They wanted help to develop an Account Based Marketing (ABM) framework, to deepen engagement within their strategic customer accounts and identify new opportunities globally to support significant growth targets.
With no internal ABM expertise, the Head of Marketing assigned one of her team to lead the programme internally. Seeblue Marketing needed to devise a way for our client to engage on a 1:1, 1:few and 1: many basis for their prospect and existing customer base across different customer segments. They were looking to integrate new data with existing systems such as Salesforce and use insight to drive campaigns, and results.
We took a phased approach to implementing ABM, starting with a managed 3-month pilot across 5 large enterprise accounts to test and refine the engagement approach and improve alignment across internal stakeholders.
Rolling out an annual plan, the workstreams expanded into 1:1, 1:few and 1:many engagements. Seeblue introduced buyer intent data from Cyance, integrated into Salesforce, to prioritise audience targeting and guide the development of sector and needs-led messaging. As the programme moves into year 2, we are deepening our focus into a clustered 1:Few approach and expanding the global coverage of the ABM programme. Key deliverables have included:
- Senior stakeholder engagement through workshops, presentations and detailed account insight
- Deeper account insight and audience segmentation through the implementation of the Cyance Buyer Intent platform, and integration with the clients Salesforce instance and digital ad channels for campaign execution.
- Delivery of 1:1 highly personalised ABM plays for high value strategic Enterprise accounts, which have delivered a step-change in the level of engagement and depth of conversation
- New sector-led messaging and content development driving brand awareness and consideration into new segments
- Deeper understanding of the Decision-Making Units and Customer Journey delivering a step-change in their B2B marketing approach.
“ The strategic approach and deep account insights won the support of Sales and demonstrated the real benefits of working with Seeblue.” Internal Programme Lead.